Watts Series BF-03 Full Lug Style Butterfly Valves
Watts Series BF resilient seated butterfly valve is available in sizes 2" – 24"** in wafer or lug body design. Incorporating a 200psi (13.8 bar) pressure rating for 2" – 12"** and a 150psi (10.3 bar) pressure rating 14" – 24"**, the BF series butterfly is standardly constructed of a ductile iron body with a choice of either ductile iron, aluminum bronze, or 316 stainless steel discs and 416 stainless steel or 316 stainless steel shaft. A phenolic-backed seat (2"-12")** or aluminum-backed seat (14" – 24")** prevents the seat from collapsing or dislodging. Standard seat materials available include EPDM, Buna-N and Viton. The BF Series mounting pad is designed to ISO 5211 standard to accommodate lever handles, gear operators, or actuation.
This 0525741 18 IN full lug style butterfly valve, model BF-03-121-1G-M2, is used in HVAC, irrigation, OEM, commercial, and institutional applications and wherever positive shutoff is required to control the flow of liquids, gases, and slurries. It features iron body construction, aluminum bronze disc, EPDM seat, a stainless steel shaft, mounting pad for gear operator.
- Body – Available in Full Lug (BF-03-M2) and Wafer (BF-04-M2) styles designed for use between ANSI 125 and 150 flanges. Face-to-face dimensions comply with API 609 and MSS-SP-67. All valves are designed to accommodate 2" of insulation. The mounting pad is designed to ISO 5211 standard. The body material is ASTM A-536 ductile iron.
- Disc – Disc edge is machined and polished 360 degrees to assure leak-tight shutoff while minimizing operating torque. Positive, disc-to-shaft connection is provided by stainless steel precision taper pins. Discs are available in ductile iron, aluminum bronze, or 316 stainless steel.
- Seat – Phenolic or aluminum backed, non-collapsible, resilient seat is mechanically secured to allow for dead-end service usage to the full pressure rating in lug style valves. Full 360 degrees sealing isolates the body components from the media and provides the primary shaft seal. Seats are available in EPDM, Buna-N, and Viton.
- Shaft – One-piece shaft delivers positive disc-to-seat location with maximum strength. 416SS is standard shaft with ductile iron and aluminum bronze disc. 316SS shaft is standard with 316SS disc models. Three shaft bushings provide shaft support for proper alignment and minimal shaft deflection. Bi-directional shaft seals prevent external contamination of the stem area and provide backup for the primary shaft seal formed by the disc/seat interface.
- Handle – ISO 5211 top work design allows for standard 10 position handle 2" – 6"** and manual, worm gear operators for 8" – 24"** sizes. An infinite positioning locking handle is an available option on 2" – 12"** valves. The posi-lok handle provides an infinite position stop, a memory stop, and a padlocking device in the fully closed position.